Stubborn rug stain

We have a beige colored rug in the living room. Someone over-watered a large house plant and the overflow left a brown stain. We have tried all kinds of cleaners and still a yellowish stain remains. We even tried a portable steam cleaner without success. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Have you tried the new aerosol cleaners that consist of 2 separate bottles tied together. Manufacturer claims that they have extra cleaning power when combined as they are sprayed on the stain. It works well. There are several brand names but I think all made by same company if you look at small print. Woolite is one. Bissell is another.

Can you spell "area rug" boys and girls?
Jos.