Stubborn rug stain

We have a beige colored rug in the living room. Someone over-watered a large house plant and the overflow left a brown stain. We have tried all kinds of cleaners and still a yellowish stain remains. We even tried a portable steam cleaner without success. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reply to
tenplay

Have you tried the new aerosol cleaners that consist of 2 separate bottles tied together. Manufacturer claims that they have extra cleaning power when combined as they are sprayed on the stain. It works well. There are several brand names but I think all made by same company if you look at small print. Woolite is one. Bissell is another.

Reply to
Art

Can you spell "area rug" boys and girls?

Jos.

Reply to
Joseph E. Johnston