Strange gunk in sink drain

When I cleaned one of the upstairs bathroom sink drains, there was something strange in it. I don't know what it was but it looked and smelled like wet soil. I can't imagine that it would be residue or soap scum. None of the other sinks or tubs has this stuff in it. Any ideas as to what it could be? This isn't the first time this stuff has been it. I would say this drain needs cleaning at least once or twice a year. All the others can go five years or more without a problem. But this sink gets stuff like makeup, facial products, and sometimes shaving cream run down it, the others don't.

Reply to
Mike S.

Likely has a lot of hair in the mix

** Posted from
**
Reply to
nick hull

When I took over my house I found similar "muck" in the P trap. My best guess was that it was the residue from shaving. IE "mainly whiskers".

Reply to
Al

Well there you go. Add some decomposed hair to the mix too.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski