storing cast iron equipment

Hi,
I have a table saw and a planer with a cast iron table. I have to store them for 2 month outside ( to enlarge my workshop) . In the Netherlands it can become pretty wet in autumn. What stuf should I coat the surface with, that protects the cast iron, and can be easily removed later?
jaap

There are products in the US that work well and may be available to you. Top Cote, Boeshield are two that I've used. I'm not sure about international shipping, but check www.leevalley.com for information. I'm sure you plan to cover them with waterproof tarps too.
Thanks, I will check whether they sell Top Cote here as well.

But it is intended for use while operating the tools. Mine could use something more "solid". I was wondering whether one can also buy and apply the stuf which is normally protecting new bits or the type of paper where cast iron assecoires are wrapped in. Jaap

I would think that for a short period such as you describe, you could simply brush on a thin layer of melted parrafin wax. Then use a heat gun to remove it, or just let time take care of the removal.
I would use old motor oil.

I wouldn't.
Why would you not use *new* motor oil?
Old motor oil has all kinds of crap in it that you don't want on a table saw.
--
Regards,
i use spray cosmoline. zep makes it. i think cosmoline in a can would work but you have to brush it on. to take it off, use mineral spirits. lucas