storage battery question

I have two car type batteries that I have in my basement. One is to start my generator and the other is a spare. I charge them once a week at 1.5A for three hours. I check the voltage before charging. One of them usually reads 12.60 volts and the other 12.76 volts. I checked the acid level on the 12.76 volt one and it is OK. Why would it read so high?

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---

You are concerned about a .16 v difference between the two?

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

Normal variance.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

This was measured a week after charging - just before charging

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

New Hampshire

You dont need but to charge them every few months , charge them to

13.3v not 12.76 , a discharged batter is ruined quickly by sulfation. 12.76 is maybe 80% charged. Some chargers can be adjusted if you open them up.
Reply to
ransley