Sticky faucet spray hose

The spray hose on my kitchen sink used to slide easily, but eventually leaked and was replaced. The replacement has to be pushed down into its hole after use rather than simply dropping down. Should I lubricate the hole with Dri-Slide or something? (The new hose appears to be neoprene, reinforced with interlocked cloth threads.)

Sure, why not? And the hose. May not work, or it may.

The lubricant may work for a while, or it might not, but it will wear off in a year afaik. Of course it it does, it won't be hard to reapply.
The new hose may be stiffer than the old one. That might go away, but I think it won't.
You could hang a weight on the hose, that was free to slide, so it was always at the bottom whether the hose was pulled out or not. 2 pounds? 4 pounds? 6 pounds!!!! I haven't seen your hose or your sink but I would guess a pound or two.

Make sure nothing under the sink is preventing the hose from lowering into the mount. Maybe a shorter hose or get yourself a donut shaped weight for the hose.
Ivan wrote:

Try rubbing the hose surface with wax. An old candle should do it. Maybe even coat a dowel with was and run it onto the inside of the "hole".
Ivan wrote:

Mine came with a weight on the hose and I had to adjust the position of the weight for it to work properly.

Mine has no weight.