Squirrels in my attic

Page 1 of 2
Need advice. I've got squirrels in the attic. Been killing myself trying to get rid of them. Anybody have any suggestions. Traps, mothballs, fox urine, electronics, strobe light, playing the radio. I need something that you've done, and has worked, not just something you've read please. While battling these critters, I've come up with an online game of how I'd really like to hanlde the situation, to help alleviate some of the frustrations. Check it out. www.geocities.com/squirrelcrazy99.

have you tried sealing up their entryway into the attic, or is that not achievable?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Chances are good that they have little ones there somewhere. If you just seal them out, they will try everything to get back in and do more damage. I suggest traps. Put the traps in the area where they are entering. Depending on the critter they may like peanut butter, apple slices, corn, or many other products.
If you decide to trap them live and release them, make that release spot more than just a couple of miles away or they will be back. Also note that many areas have legal restrictions on what you can do including restrictions on releasing them.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

But if you live in a cold part of the country and take them that far away this late in the season they may starve over the winter as they will not have enough time to gather food and build a suitable nest.
Morvin

your first sentence seem to be one of if not "the" most important point made in this thread
if you trap them how will you know you got the little ones too?
nowforsale wrote:

In my case I checked to find out when the first little ones would be due that year and I knew I had time.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 15:01:10 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

You need a weasle.

Then, of course, the question becomes "How do you get weasles out of the attic?". ;)
--
May no harm befall you,
flip
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

When I lived in Seattle i had squirrels in the attic of my 1920 A&C bungalow. I tired all you have mentioned what worked was sealing all of the opening but one. I then used ammonia to drive them from the attic (they ran around in the eaves). After which, I sealed the last entry point.
Good luck

Ammonia seems to have worked on my raccoons, too. I use an open pie tin and renew the ammonia now and then.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If you live in east Texas, you're in luck. Squirrel season started October 1st (through Feb 4th). Killing squirrels at other times can result in a substantial fine or a trip to the Grey Bar Hotel. http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/season/2007/animal_listing /
I think bothering game animals is also an offense.
Best check with your local game and wildlife department.
Ain't nature grand?
HeyBub wrote:

Hunting seasons are for wildlife conservation with rules to govern wholesale hunting efforts of 1000's of hunters. Killing pests in/around your home does not fall under that criteria. Your right to protect your property from pests is a basic fundamental right that no one can take from you. To take the issue further, squirrels in your attic are no longer considered "wildlife" - they are domesticated pests.
Bob S.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Learn to live with them buddy.... You built or bought a home on their rightfull property...only one who should be gotten rid of is you...
Wrong answer cowboy. I went to walmart and bought 2 black and decker Ultrasonic Insect Rodent Pest Repeller and they are working like a charm. No more squirrels.
Lessons learned, (1) Never give-up, (2) The internet is a great place to solicit advice and solutions to common problems (3) Don't listen to morons who think that animals have property rights.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

On 1 Oct 2006 06:39:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I had squirrels in the attic that were driving me crazy. I could hear them run up and down the rafters. I put four boxes of rat poison up there and within three days all was quiet! I patched the hole they made in the side of the house with hardware cloth.
I hired a pro. CHeck the phone book. They new how to find the babies and catch the big ones and relocated the whole bunch.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:
Has anyone tried any of the various "electronic sonic" devices?
http://www.drpower.com/prdSell.aspx?Name=SonicPestRepeller

Only if you want to waste their money. http://cru.cahe.wsu.edu/CEPublications/eb1663/eb1663.html
Even the FTC tries to stop their advertising periodically: www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/05/fyi0128.htm
--
Murray Peterson

Thanks for the advice. I bought 2 Ultrasonic Insect Rodent Pest Repeller and put them in the attic. No more squirrels. Work immeadiately.
mcfriendly wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

What brand and model number please?