Squirrels in Attic Vent

Even after cutting down trees near my house, I've got a squirrel building a nest in an attic vent on the roof. The little devil just climbs up the stucco chimney!
The vent has screen mesh at the bottom, so they don't get into the attic itself, but I'm stumped for a control method. Trap at the base of the chimney? Poison? I hate to put squirrel goodies so near the house and attract yet more of the pests.
Ideas?
HW