sprinklers and inground pool prep

I think the problem is they don't know where the pipes are, and when they start digging there going to tear into them, possibly causing damage to other zones...

Reply to
Punch

He means they are not responsible for breaking it or making it ever work again. As long as you are abandoning the zone and no other zones go through there the back hoe will not care. All of that PVC will just be snatched up like twigs. I would dig down and cut the lines at the supply side near the edge of the excavation so he doesn't pull up the whole line. When they dug my pool they hit a long forgotten PVC run and it ripped out sod all the way across the yard.

Reply to
gfretwell

All,

I have a modern 5-zone sprinkler system and recently purchased an in-ground pool. They said I'd need to deal with the existing sprinklers before they excavate for the pool.

My question: Do I really have to do anything other than unscrew the sprinkler popups heads/rotor heads? As long as the particular zone that is effected is never pressurized, should'nt I be OK? Or do I absolutely positively have to cap the zones off at the valves? I doubt there is any pressure in the lines leading to the heads when the particular zone in question is not on, so i don't see why I have to dig a big hole and cap the entire zone at the valve.

cj

Reply to
Chris Jarshant