Sony Black Trinitron 24" with weird colour (pink)

Hello! I have a problem with a TV set. The images are primarily pink. I have checked there is not green colour, except for the black and shadow areas. I mean: In a RGB pattern, red shows good, blue shows good, but green doesn't show, but, all the black areas appear green. Also, when selecting another channel, the short interval when the screen should be black in the mean, it is green...
Another thing, there are several horizontal white thin lines, separated about 1 centimeter.
The TV has been serviced 2 or 3 times, by non-very-trustable services. They reported to have a wasted CRT. But I think a wasted CRT should have problem in all the colors, right? And what about the retrace lines?
I have electronics knowledge, but no tv repair experience at all, although I teorically know all the blocks and modules inside.
What test/adjustments can I do?
Thanks in advance
Edu wrote:

Does sound like the CRT to me.
Mark Z.
Ok, and assuming it's a CRT problem, is there any way to adjust to make it last for, let's say, some months? Increasing screen grid should improve something in this? I know it is a bit dangerous because it might fasten the CRT distruction..., right?
Thanks! Edu
Mark D. Zacharias ha escrito:

Edu wrote:

A knowledgeable person could try adjusting thing like the crt drive and cutoff adjustments. Might help a bit. In my experience Sony tubes don't fare well in rejuvenation attempts - they often seem to die altogether.
Mark Z.

I'm not a knowledgeable person, but I can try...:-) The CRT drive is the adjustable "screen" HV which comes from the FBT and goes to the CRT board? What is the cutoff adjustment? Is it something which cancels the ray during retrace? Where can I find some adjustment for this?
The green colour instead of black is not an illusion. It is quite strange. Where it should show green it shows grey, and where it should show black it shows green... 8-|
Thanks for all the replies!
Eduardo
Hello again1
I have found that there is a way to configure some parameters in this tv set from the remote control. I need to enter service mode, but..
1) My remote is old and the ink cleared, so I cannot find the "disp" button 2) What is "PWR-ON" ??? My remote has a green "power off" button but it doesn't turn it on again? Is it talking about turning on the tv set amnually from the switch in the set? 3)Where can I find a photo of my remote control so I can check what the rest of the buttons do? My remote has buttons in both sides, one side has a reduced set and the batteris, and the other has the complete set. There is a slide cover which can be turned so it covers the other side...
Thanks! Eduardo.
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 09:51:09 GMT, "Mark D. Zacharias"

Me too. Do they still sell those CRT boosters? They increase the filament voltage a little, thus the cathode burns extra hot which is supposed to burn off some of the crud that builds up on them.
The retrace lines are possibly another problem.
I am a person who tries to fix everything, but maybe it's just time for a new TV. They are so cheap these days that when the CRT is dying, why even bother fixing it. You can probably get a new TV cheaper than a CRT.
Mark (who used to putter with electronics when I was much younger).
Edu wrote:

'Ya gotta bad yellow gun.....Buy a new set.
sky ha escrito:

"bad yellow gun"... yeah, right
I think you got a lot of bad brain cells. Buy a new brain.
sky wrote:

Why buy a whole new set when he could just buy a new yellow gun?
Or perhaps have this one re-filled.
(for the op, this is foolishness, pay no attention)
Ken
Ken Weitzel wrote:

Hmmm, Really? Poor joke!
Seriously (please...) anyone can tell me how to enter service mode? There is no service mode button in the back. I have to use the sequence: Pwr-OFF -> DISP -> 5 -> VOL + -> PWR ON
What is Power-on? Pushing the main switch? And PWR-OFF does mean the button in the remote, or from the mail switch?
Thanks! Eduardo.
Tony Hwang ha escrito:

Talk about beating a thread ..Yikes!!!!

Edu wrote:

Hi, CRT is last thing in the list. Check the green drive. This drive circuit goes most often. If CRT is really shot, Nothing much can be done.