Something stuck in toilet, Suggestions?

Something is stuck in my toilet. The water goes down slowly and anything other than water will clog it. I have removed the toilet and tried snaking it with a real plumbers snake from both directions. I can extend the snake all the way but it never comes out the other end, telling me that something is blocking the passage causing the snake to bend and wrap around. I have tried forcing water in it via a garden hose from both directions to try and dislodge whats in there with no luck. The water does come out the opposite end so the passage is not totally blocked. There is no rattle to indicate something loose inside the toilet.
Short of getting a new toilet does anyone have any other suggestions?

use something with a hook on end, try it...
Sometimes unless the snake will curl up into a coil in the trap. You mentioned that you removed it and tried snaking it out. Did you try and snake it while it was still mounted? The reason I ask this is because when you put the auger into the bowl - the "heel" of the auger should rest on the very bottom while you apply pressure to the handle while cranking on it. It should come out the other side. There is no doubt that you have something lodged in the trap. It can be a painfully frustrating task - but a plumber's closet auger will do the trick.
The hardest thing I ever had to remove from a toilet as a dead bunny on Easter Sunday many years ago. A kid got one and decided to give it a bath. He blamed me for killing it. That was a tough one - so I went and bought him another one the next day and dropped it by his house. Parents became good customers and friends . . . the rabbit ran away 2 months later. :-)
Jim

"Oz Scott" wrote

Well, usually I have my head stuck up my ass but you never know....

Last time I checked, AOL was 1st or 2nd on the subscriber list. Don't tell me you think everybody with an AOL account is the AHD? Not to mention the numerous handle swappers/forgers.
"Paranoia will destroy ya" (RDD).
I love how easy I can get under you skin anytime I choose even when I'm not the poster.
Enough for now, back to the mudd flats where you belong.
Rotcetedeloha always the lamer... wrote:

No. Just you assbreath.

Zackly.
Oh sure.. You have me confused with your gay lover who you 'get under'.
<yawn> best ya got?
Rotcetedeloha wrote:

As always the stink bait brought you right out of your bitter mire.
BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
<sigh> Back to ignoratin your sorry ass until I bring you out for your monthly ass-kickin. You're not even fun to fuck with anymore. Too easy.

Just keep at it...until you've had enough. Then put a hammer to it...just to see what the heck it was! lol
I've had a couple that I absolutely could not unclog. Turned out there was tweezers in one and an eyelash curler in the other.
Use the auger you have...but try some homemade augers, too. Use your imagination...clothes hanger, electrical wire, etc.
Good luck.
Have a nice week...
Trent

The d$%^&*! thing I ever finally fished out of a toilet was a spoon. They have just the right bend to hide in the trap unseen, flush great with water only and back up with anything else added. Did not pull mine so I can't address the rattle issue. Snake would not get it. I think it was a coat hanger with a hook that finally hooked it.
Is your wife missing a powder "compact". You know, one of those plastic makeup things? In my years of soing plumbing, I ran into these several times. They almost entirely clog the toilet, are just the right size to get stuck in there, and are a bitch to remove. Besides, women always seem to use them near the toilet (especially blondes). Did you try the snake from the bottom of the toilet with the toilet removed and upside down?

Similarly I had one of those small plastic disposable cups block a toilet. Appeared to be just the right size to act as a cork. You could not see the cup. When I would use the plunger to clear the obstruction the problem would disappear. The cup probably just would turn to let the water through. A few flushes later the toilet would stop up again. Finally used a snake which speared right through the cup. I was quite suprised when I pulled the snake out with the mangled cup attached.
wrote:

Gary Dyrkacz snipped-for-privacy@attbi.com Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+ http://home.attbi.com/~dyrgcmn /
This is a repeat of my answer to a "drainage problem" posting.
A friend of mine uses a gallon of bleach down the drain.
He claims it will even dissolve plastic toys if left in the drain 24 hrs or more.
He learned it in Undertakers Training. By State law, they absolutely have to use a gallon of bleach each day, (or each cadaver?) to "super" clean the drains.
Dissolves hair, just about everything.
I know of some neighbors who dissolved clogs, even in toilets (childrens toys) by using a gallon of bleach and letting it sit for a day or two.
Best--- Ron