soldering two copper fittings on a very short length of pipe

I need to solder two copper fittings to a very short length of 1/2" pipe.
When I put both fittings on the pipe, then the amount of pipe showing between them is about 1/8" inch.
I first soldered on one fitting and then tried to attach the second. My fear, though, is that I am ruining the first joint when I solder the second. Is this a concern? In this situation should I try to solder both joints at the same time or do them separately?
Thanks,
mh
Mike wrote: ...

Possibly, but not necessarily...

At that close proximity, you'll nearly have the other hot at the time you do the first, so may as well take advantage of it and go on...

DO them both at once.

Heat it up and get both. Don't apply any solder until it will melt a little in the gap. Then heat for another 5-10 seconds, withdraw heat, apply solder and let it suck it up. Do not apply any more heat. Make a stand or something for it to rest on that will not burn and that will hold it in line.
Steve
Solder both at the same time. It's the only way to go.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus