soffitt vent question

I would like to have my soffitt vents replaced. The wood that frames them is cedar. If the wood is in good condition, do the vents just get popped out and new ones popped in? Or is it more complicated than that? They look to be about 4-4 feet by 8". TIA for any advise offered. Bonnie
Bonnie Jean wrote:

I am going to guess that these are custom made soffit vents. Standard soffit vents are 6"x12", continuous vents, round vents, etc. I have never seen one the size that you specify. That, plus the fact that they are framed, leads me to believe that they are custom.
If they are, then there is no way to guess how they are installed, or how they are made. Your best bet would be to remove one, to see how it is made and installed, then make your decisions from there. Soffit vents are not usually too complicated, so it shouldn't be much of a problem. They are probably just frames with screen or hardware cloth stapled to it. Pull one off and see.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

This is Turtle.
Like Robert said , They don't make them complex to repair. Pull one down on the back of the house and see how they are put together. Then go from there.
TURTLE
Thanks.....
Bonnie
Bonnie Jean wrote:

Ours are plastic, stapled on. If you get up close and take a look, it should not be difficult to determine if they are the plastic stuff that HD carries.