Snow and X-MAS lights

This is the first year I decorated my yard with some light up reindeer, a couple of 8' fan inflated balloons and lights. We are expecting some decent amount of snow and I was wondering how to protect the outlets and balloons (they are not inflated during the day) if we get the snow. I appreciate any tips that you may have or that you use on your own xmas lights. TIA
On 04 Dec 2003 13:28:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Rennyboy) wrote:

Take a look at the thread "Outdoor christmas lights." There are conflicting opinions. I prefer to keep my connections dry (in sandwich bags with rubber bands) to prevent corrosion, although it may not be necessary.
If you want the major connections dry, buy a large glass jar of pickles. Eat the pickles, and use the empty jar, upside-down on a wooden tree stake or bamboo plant stake to keep the connections up off the ground and sheltered from rain snow.