Smoothing concrete?

Part of my patio has a broom finish on it. I'd really like it to be smooth. Is there a way to remove the broom finish and have it nice and smooth?
Thanks!

Any number of concrete coatings are available, check your local Yellow pages.
Jeff
Outdoor concrete is rarely smooth because it would be wet and slippery quite often. -B

This is Turtle.
he is plaining on getting rid of his Mother in law , when she goes out on the patio on a wet day.
TURTLE
P a U l L writes:

Concrete planer. Not cheap.

This is Turtle.
Like Richard said , a Planer and they do get paid well for the equipment and labor. Wear ear plugs when they do it.
Like others have said , I don't think you want a smooth finish on it. When it rains and gets wet. The neighbor's kids will be over using it as a slide to play on. You will at this time have ice skating ring for kids to play on. Also chairs will slide out from under you when you go to get up. If you do this DO increase your liability insurance on your home.
Happy Skating !
TURTLE

You might look into having the surface of the entire patio ground down. Then the entire surface would look the same. Coatings can be hard to keep in good condition. TB
Any coating you put on may fail in a few to 15 yrs, a broom finish is safe, smooth wet concrete with the right shoes is like Ice, be happy and leave it.