Smoothing concrete?

Part of my patio has a broom finish on it. I'd really like it to be smooth. Is there a way to remove the broom finish and have it nice and smooth?

Thanks!

Reply to
P a U l L

Any number of concrete coatings are available, check your local Yellow pages.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

Concrete planer. Not cheap.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

This is Turtle.

he is plaining on getting rid of his Mother in law , when she goes out on the patio on a wet day.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

Like Richard said , a Planer and they do get paid well for the equipment and labor. Wear ear plugs when they do it.

Like others have said , I don't think you want a smooth finish on it. When it rains and gets wet. The neighbor's kids will be over using it as a slide to play on. You will at this time have ice skating ring for kids to play on. Also chairs will slide out from under you when you go to get up. If you do this DO increase your liability insurance on your home.

Happy Skating !

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

You might look into having the surface of the entire patio ground down. Then the entire surface would look the same. Coatings can be hard to keep in good condition. TB

Reply to
Tom Baker

Any coating you put on may fail in a few to 15 yrs, a broom finish is safe, smooth wet concrete with the right shoes is like Ice, be happy and leave it.

Reply to
m Ransley