Smoke alarms - radon detector

Hey guys, Try to remind me to replace the smoke detector outside of Sallys room with a new one?
Been reading up on them and even if it was plugged in they should be replaced every 10 years.
We should also test the ones me have and I should add a radon detecting one downstairs..
3,420 deaths last year!
KIM, DO YOU GUYS HAVE THEM????????? do you test them??? Dont leave it up to someone else to make sure they are there and work.....
********************************************************* Smoke alarms, when properly installed, give an early audible warning needed to safely escape from fire. That's critical because 85% of all fire deaths occur in the home, and the majority occur at night when most people are sleeping. Last year, NFPA documented 3,420 home fire deaths.
Tanks
Pops
On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 10:31:50 -0500, "comcastss news groups"

I think you mean Carbon Monoxide detector. I was reading something from the NFPA, about the 10 year replacement, and read something about if you home needs a CO detector, then it should be placed adjacent to all bedrooms. Mine is a combination CO and smoke detector, and it the hallway that connects to all the bedrooms.
Remember to search and read what you should do.
tom @ www.YourMoneySavingTips.com

LOL, Sorry, this should have been an email to my daughters.

one
On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 10:31:50 -0500, "comcastss news groups"

Even though you meant this to go out as email rather than a worldwide discussion group it stands true.
Please everyone, test your smoke detectors! It is true that they need to be replaced every 10 years, and the batteries need to be replaced yearly. Of the 3,420 deaths I know one of the names, and the story is too heartbreaking to be repeated. Let's just say the anguish of living with the fact that a death may have been prevented by a little action on your part, and you failed to do so, is a hard pill to swallow.
Don't just make a mental note to check your fire detection system 'later', do it right now! Your loved ones lives depend on it, and you don't want to live with the consequences of inaction.
On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:10:35 -0600, West Alarm

Many manufacturers now print on their smoke detectors to test weekly.
tom @ www.YourMoneySavingTips.com