Small engine (Tecumseh) question

I HAVE seen carb spray used to keep engines running temporarily for short periods of time. Sometimes, it's is all that's needed to get it running until it can suck up/pass what's the problem. No longer than ten seconds or so for carb cleaner. I would not use ether (starting fluid) at all except for diesel motors, and then, just to get it kicked off, then let it run or die.
NO LONGER THAN TEN SECONDS IN ANY CASE. Or less.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖
Steve B wrote:

I used to use carb cleaner on hard to start small engines but found that on four cycle engines the intake valve would often begin to stick.... it was loosening the built up gunk of them ... as for leaves on the lawn. Who cares? The lawnmower will mulch them next year.
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 8, 2:33 am, "Mr. Austerity" <"PrintMo.Money "> wrote:

It will mulch the leaves next year, after the grass has died from being smothered by the leaves while it's still growing during the Fall. Unless you have an insignificant amount of leaves, which folks who own a walk-behind leaf blower usually do not, then they need to be removed in the Fall.
Add pictures here
✖

yes - so what? It is still ether (and Heptane) with an upper cyl lube added. It is STILL dangerous if mis-used or over-used. You are free to use it that way on YOUR equipment, but PLEASE do not advocate it's misuse by others.
Add pictures here
✖

I didn't see this in sampling above responses: a lot of yard equipment has a 'spark suppressor' screen on the exhaust. It can get plugged with carbon. I've seen it cause symptoms like you're seeing. Times I've dealt with it, it's been under the muffler.
✖

You've seen this in 2-cycle stuff...not what we're talking about here!
Add pictures here
✖