Small engine (Tecumseh) question

I used to use carb cleaner on hard to start small engines but found that on four cycle engines the intake valve would often begin to stick.... it was loosening the built up gunk of them ... as for leaves on the lawn. Who cares? The lawnmower will mulch them next year.

Reply to
Mr. Austerity

It will mulch the leaves next year, after the grass has died from being smothered by the leaves while it's still growing during the Fall. Unless you have an insignificant amount of leaves, which folks who own a walk-behind leaf blower usually do not, then they need to be removed in the Fall.

Reply to
trader4

yes - so what? It is still ether (and Heptane) with an upper cyl lube added. It is STILL dangerous if mis-used or over-used. You are free to use it that way on YOUR equipment, but PLEASE do not advocate it's misuse by others.

Reply to
clare

"Bob F" wrote

Among being swamped by my own projects, honeydos, and just regular ranch maintenance, I am getting ready to start brewing. It is just incredible what one person has to keep up with these days re: work, making money, politics, ebay, facebook, the cost of oil, personal items like renewing driver's license, et al.

How did we all live back when life was actually more simple? Was the quality of life less? Were we depri(a)ved by not being able to Google a rule on Mexican Train Dominoes instantly by our iphones?

I think I could go back to that simpler time. Or even move to a third world country where the subject du jour is the price of fresh shrimp and papayas.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I didn't see this in sampling above responses: a lot of yard equipment has a 'spark suppressor' screen on the exhaust. It can get plugged with carbon. I've seen it cause symptoms like you're seeing. Times I've dealt with it, it's been under the muffler.

George

You've seen this in 2-cycle stuff...not what we're talking about here!

Reply to
Bob_Villa