Slab for AC not concrete...

I am having the my AC system replaced and I noticed that the outside unit sits on what seems to be a fiberglass imitation slab. Looks lik concrete but not. I noticed my neighbor has a concrete slab under his. I am concerned about the strength of it since it is a very large fan that is sitting on it.
Any thoughts? Am I overly concerned?
Thanks in advance,
James

Most of today's condenser pads are made out of a composite material and will last (and look better) longer than concrete.....
The only trick is making sure the ground was flat and somewhat compacted before they set the pad so it doesn't settle unevenly. The pad itself will outlast the condenser

It's fine. My most recent is a foam form. It may even help damp the vibrations in the unit.
TB
Yes it'll be strong enough. Just make sure it's level and stays level.

This is Turtle.
If it is sitting level and not setting flate. Make it flate on the ground. if setting flate it should be good for while or say 50 years.
TURTLE
The unit probably isn't as heavy as you think and the fiberglass slab will be fine. Check with the new unit's manufacture for their specs for the slab. Mine is fiberglass and is doing fine after 5 yrs.

Your imitation "slab" was designed and made for exactly what it is being used for. It is called a condenser pad.