Sinkholes /Stumps

I have several depressions in my back yard that each year get deeper. Some of the property was filled so I am assuming that the home builder (house is about 18 years old) buried stumps. Aside from time or digging them up, is there anything I can do about this? Is there a way to accelerate the decomposition of the stumps? How long does it take stumps to rot?
George
On 10 Sep 2005 12:38:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

I have that too. I need to order another truck of top soil.

Well, you could get someone to plow and harrow your lawn, and then re-sod. That would probably do it. Where are your water, power, gas, and sewage lines?