Sink gurgling sound

I have a gurgling sound in the bathroom sink when it drains. It is about 6 feet from the vented stack. This sound does not occur when any other fixture drains into this stack. I suspect the 2" horizontal is slightly plugged, but there is never any back-up into the sink. Any suggestions? Bob
6 ft is too far from the stack.. 18" to 24" is normally specified in code installation.
The water in the horizontal run is causing a siphon on the trap and pulling the water out of the trap.
Without major repairs, there realy isn't much you can do except clean out any clog in the horizontal run..
Steve
bbergen wrote:

Unless there is a vent connection closer to the trap, 6 feet is excessive distance, even for 2" pipe. A small blockage could easily cause self-siphoning because the trap weir will be above the vent opening.
Snake it out.
Jim