Sink Clips

My kitchen sink has four sink clips (a.k.a. mounting screws). If the edge on which the faucet is located is "north," then the east and west edges have two clips each, for a total of four clips.
Does anyone have more clips and/or clips located on all edges?
My disposer is causing vibration of the faucet and probably drain pipes. The sink is probably 18 gage (the thinnest skin available), but I want to see if more clips or better locations of the clips might improve the situation.
Caliban wrote:

i have see about 16 on my kitchen sink(if we are talking about the same thing... they go under the sink and squeeze the sink to the counter top by tightening the screws.. whoever put yours in did not do it correctly.. my sink is steel(the thin stuff with a color on it....made about 1972 when the house was built... double sink... but just 4 even on a real small sink seems like it is not enough... go to ace hardware store and see if they have any or can tell you where to get some.... hope this helps.

> > My kitchen sink has four sink clips (a.k.a. mounting screws). If the edge on

have
pipes.
Yes, this is what I am talking about.

Thanks, Jim. Very helpful. I'll definitely give it a whirl.
And you should take one of the four off and take it with you to the store, There are a gazillion different types of these suckers.
Recommended number of clips is a minimum of three per side, a fourth if you can squeeze it in.
wrote

If you want to do it right, remove the sink, run a silicone bead, or at the very least a bead of plumber's putty, then snug the sink down again with at least three in the rear, three in the front, and one, preferably two on each end. Whatever you use to prevent water from going underneath it needs to be pressed out from under the sink as you secure it. Some people run masking tape around the sink to make it easier to remove the excess, especially if it's silicone. And don't use the fast-curing stuff. Especially if access to the clips is difficult.
wrote