Single phase vs. three phase air conditioning

Page 2 of 2
In Myrtle Beach, SC, we have many older neighborhoods that have three phase power. Most house in those neighborhoods (High End Houses) have three phase service. The electric rate is the same. I have seen many of them have three phase heat pumps and air conditioners. Newer neighborhoods are mostly all single phase.
Stretch