Single handle to two handle tub faucet conversion

Single handle to two handle tub faucet conversion...
My plumber says there is no "backplate" to hide the 4" hole of the single handle design.
I also can't find any reference to anyone going from single to two handles, only two to one.
Any tips or solutions on this?
null wrote:

Well not many people would want to go from a single handle to a two handle. I have not looked but I doubt if there is any commonly available solution.
Why do you want to switch?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

------------------------------------------------------------ I figure adjusting the hot would be more precise.
null wrote:

Just get a good single handle and don't have the hot set too high at the water heater. I find it a lot easier to set the temperature with a good single handle control that a double. However some of the cheap ones ( I travel a lot) are difficult to control.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
They have single handle ones with temp adjust digital readouts:)
Just set the temperature you want and enjoy! It remains preset forever or untill somone changes it.
This is precise control:)