Sike Products For Home Concrete Repairs Vs Quikrete's ?

Hello,

Have tried the Quikrete concrete repair products, a bunch of different ones, including the additives for, for small concrete repairs around our steps, etc several times.

Have always been disappointed. Both with the adhesion to the older stuff, how smooth it finishes up to, looks, etc.

Was just wondering: in a very general sense, are the Sika Corporation products any better, or pretty much the same "stuff" ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

It not the product that usualy fails its the prep, removing mold and acid etching or getting a clean rough sound bond, I bet you didnt use acid or a powerwasher or get the surface right. Even clean looking concrete thats been exposed to elements isnt truely clean unless you just busted it out into new solid concrete.

Reply to
ransley

when adding a layer of anything to a existing cracking base layer failure is guaranteed.

by the time concrete ets bad enough to fix it should be replaced.

know repairs are at best temporary.

Reply to
hallerb

I agree with the others. "Repairing" concrete is sketchy at best.

Reply to
jamesgangnc