Shut Off Valve help!!

This is what the connection looks like underneath my bathroom vanity.
COPY THIS TO YOUR BROWSER TO VIEW: http://eshare.hpphoto.com/FilmStripHome.aspx?JobID 94b952-ac78-45c7-a592-235dbbc663b9&SKU=HP
I have a hot and cold connection. I'm going to replace the vanity and I need to remove the plastic connection from the copper pipe. I have no idea how it is connected!!! Is it glued? Pressure fitted? I've looked in several home improvement plumbing books, hardware stores, and even a Home Depot......noboby had this type of shutoff valve or knew what I was talking about!!!
Bottom line, I need to pull the cabinet out and need to remove the fittings, and then reinstall it. How do I do this and what to you suggest? After I turn off the house water supply, how do I get the water pressure away from these fittings so I can do the repair? Run water until it stops? What tools will I need? I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to plumbing and would appreciate any advice you could give me.
Thanks, Zano
Zano,
Those valves are pressure fit. With your water shut off at the main grab onto the plastic valve you have pictured and pull it off while twisting back and fourth. Don't reuse that valve. Buy a new 1/4 turn metal valve that will install with a compression nut and ring. You will also want to replace the supply line from the valve to the faucet.
cm

http://eshare.hpphoto.com/FilmStripHome.aspx?JobID 94b952-ac78-45c7-a592-235dbbc663b9&SKU=HP

I agree! I've never seen such a cheap looking valve!