shower wall height

Bathroom area is 7x8'. Planning to put in 3x4' tiled shower area in one corner. Will most likely use a Sloan AC-11 showerhead and/or handheld shower.
What is the lowest wall I could have? 48"? 54"? 60"? I want to keep bath area as open as possible. A shorter wall would help that perception.

Franz Fripplfrappl

i would go 6 foot, or use glass...
unless yoiu dont find over spray
I would go with glass block. In fact I did. My new shower install is scheduled to start Monday. I like the walk in ability and no door needed.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 12:19:05 -0400, Joseph Meehan wrote:

That's just what I've been thinking. How tall are your walls? What size the shower? Where is placement of drain and showerhead?

Franz Fripplfrappl

if you have hard water, glass block is hard to keep free of mineral deposits. damhikt
sheet glass is preferable and easier to keep clean
On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 12:23:02 -0700, charlie wrote:

Great tip. Thanks. Will be installing a water softener. Was considering glass block but single pane of tempererd glass would be perfect and perhaps easier/cheaper to install.

Franz Fripplfrappl
On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 12:23:02 -0700, "charlie"

I like a shower curtain, clear or white to allow light through. Much easier to keep clean or replace, plus you have full access when the curtain is pulled back.
[snip]

When my glass shower door broke, I thought I'd use a curtain for awhile. I never replaced the door.
I put the screws (that had held the door on) back in the holes to keep water from leaking into the wall.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

with new construction make the lowest spot in the bath room the shower drain with no lip to get in.
this way all water drains back and its handicap accesible too.
On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 15:37:09 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

This has crossed my mind. I'm working with existing construction. I saw a bath in Denmark that was about 6x10 with tiled floors/walls and a single floor drain with the shower off to one side. Nice arrangement.
Maybe this is the way to go, if I can only figure out how to get the right slope.

Franz Fripplfrappl
The base I chose is 72x51. There are various sizes.
The height is dependent on the number of rows of glass block used.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
franz fripplfrappl wrote:

Which wall(s)? How tall are the people using it? Do you use the head pretty close to straight down or angled considerably?
The wall opposite the source could easily be 54", I'd think, with no spray directly from the shower head getting over it. If the people are tall there might be some bounce from them. I think that would be too low for the wall perpendicular to the source wall.
FWIW, my shower is 4'x5', Sloan head, the two partition walls are 68" as am I. There wouldn't be a problem if they were 60".
--

dadiOH
On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 19:22:18 +0000, dadiOH wrote:

Proposed shower stall is 3x4'. Imagine points A, B, C, D. Line AB is 4' and a full floor to ceiling wall. Line BC is 3' and also floor to ceiling. Partitions would be of lines CD and DA. Showerhead to be mounted on BC. I would probably mount it at 74-78" above the floor. Using a Sloan AC-11 for the most part shooting out at a slight angle depending on user. On a good day, I'm 66".

Franz Fripplfrappl
franz fripplfrappl wrote:

Ugh.
Forget tile. Get cultured granite or cultured marble walls. This is what I put into a small bathroom. It's so nice to not deal with cleaning tile.
I put in a corner (diagonal) shower area to save space.
I have both a regular shower head and a handheld shower plumbed in.
Why would you want low walls that would get all wet? I also hate really low shower heads.