Shower stall wall faucets

My 40-year old tiled shower stall has two faucets that protrude horizontally from the wall; the usual hot/cold system. Is there any way of _easily_ retrofitting this arrangement into a single-faucet or rotary style of valve? I'm reasonably handy with tools but certainly no plumber or solderer. TIA
Norm Dion wrote:

"any way of _easily_ retrofitting"
NO.

sure there is.
call a plumber.
ml

Well,you answered your own question; "I'm reasonably handy with tools but certainly no plumber or solderer."
Those are the major skills you need to do the job.along with tiling and grouting.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

horizontally
solderer.
Somebody used to make a kit especially for that purpose. It had a stainless or chrome plated escutcheon to cover the 2 handle holes. Don't know if Lowes or Home Depot still carry them...

Step one is to learn how to solder. the rest if fairly simple. Most new faucets can be had with a large disk that will cover the double holes you now have. You may have to increase or make a center hole for the new setup. The possibility is very high that you will have to cut and solder some tubing in the back of the faucets.