Shower stall wall faucets

My 40-year old tiled shower stall has two faucets that protrude horizontally from the wall; the usual hot/cold system. Is there any way of _easily_ retrofitting this arrangement into a single-faucet or rotary style of valve? I'm reasonably handy with tools but certainly no plumber or solderer. TIA

Reply to
Norm Dion

"any way of _easily_ retrofitting"

NO.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

sure there is.

call a plumber.

ml

Reply to
kzinNOSPAM99

"Norm Dion" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Well,you answered your own question; "I'm reasonably handy with tools but certainly no plumber or solderer."

Those are the major skills you need to do the job.along with tiling and grouting.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

horizontally

solderer.

Somebody used to make a kit especially for that purpose. It had a stainless or chrome plated escutcheon to cover the 2 handle holes. Don't know if Lowes or Home Depot still carry them...

Reply to
Rick

Step one is to learn how to solder. the rest if fairly simple. Most new faucets can be had with a large disk that will cover the double holes you now have. You may have to increase or make a center hole for the new setup. The possibility is very high that you will have to cut and solder some tubing in the back of the faucets.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski