shower pan leaking

Hi. I have a fiberglass shower unit and I noticed in the basement, the drain pipe is leaking from, apparently, where it connects to the shower.
I don't see a way to get in from the top, so I imagine any repair will need to be made from below.
It 'appears' that I could just recaulk it, but I'm not sure how to proceed.. my internet searches have not revealed an exact situation match.
I do have a couple of photo's I could post if there is a place to put them.
thanks Jeff

Put them whereever you want, and then tell us where you put them. A server with an http address would be good.

http://webpages.charter.net/kishjjrjj/plumbing/Picture%20080.jpg
I am not sure how the white pipe attached to the bottom of the upstairs fiberglass enclosure. The little 'peg' things are not bolts or covers for bolts that I can see.
thanks

What you have to do is cut the pipe back and redo the drain as this was not done right to begin with , you have movement under the floor and the lip on the inside side of the floor is gapping. Easiest way is to redo the drain and put some min expansion foam under the floor to stop all movement of the floor , once the new one is in . This is pvc pipe and you can get it anywhere probaly 1 1/2 diameter to seal the inside lip use plumbers putty put the rubber gasket under the floor , eliminate as much movement as you can of the floor as this is the problem. have done many of these and no one doe,s them right . Put sand under it when you build it never have this problem.

You will probaly find some screws on the top side or under the cover to remove the rain unit.
<snip> Thanks for the words of wisdom! I am not sure what the rain unit is. I guess you mean the expansion foam will help stop any movement. It lasted about 15 years on the original install, I'd like to get another 20.
Do you mean the drain from the inside of the shower? It didn't look like it comes apart. Also I'm not sure what you mean by sand.. I mean I know what sand is, but how I"d put it underneath the first floor when there is a basement underneath it with a hole cut through showing what the picture shows you. thanks again, jeff