Should I add builder's felt when replacing clapboards on old house?

I need to replace a couple of damaged clapboards on a 100+ year old house.
The (original) sheathing is 1-by-X without any apparant builders felt (or maybe it has just decayed over the years).
When replacing isolated clapboards (either single ones or at most 3-4 in a vertical row), should I add some type of vapor/weather barrier behind the replacement clapboards?
If so, what would you use and how would you apply it?
Thanks
if the rest of your house doesn't have building paper, then it probably doesn't make much sense to add it in spots.
blueman wrote:

marson wrote:

i would prime the wood behind to protect it a little