Shopping for a snow blower, maybe.....

Page 5 of 5
On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 7:20:26 AM UTC-5, NorMinn wrote:

If you really don't want to break the bank, consider the Sno-Tek line by Ar iens.
Not fully featured, i.e. no handle warmers, no power steering, etc. Just a reliable series of machines made by a quality manufacturer that decided to get into the entry level machine market.
For the same price as an MTD/Craftsman/Store Brand machine you can get an A riens. Granted, it's not a high-end Ariens, but it will have metal in many of the places that the other's have plastic and things like that. Same pric e range, much much better machines.
They come in 20", 24" and 28". The 24" and 28" have the bigger engine, so I would lean in that direction. I have a 24" and it hasn't disappointed me y et. I would also suggest you buy it from a Ariens dealer, not a home center . Since Ariens sets the prices (or at least used to) the price will be the same everywhere, even when there is a sale. Since it's usually the dealers that do the warranty repairs for the home centers, you want to be a direct customer of the dealer, not the home center. As the dealer I bought mine fr om told me "If I've got 2 machines to fix, one from *my* customer and one f rom the home center, guess whose machine will get done first?"