shock from outside faucet

My girlfriends father and I were using the hose on the side of the house to clean stuff. We both felt an unusual jolt of electricity through the spicket handle when we used it? Never happened before.

Reply to
vanhornjay9283

From here, it sounds like two things happening at the same time. First, some appliance or device has an electrical problem, and is leaking power to ground (and someone grounded it to the water pipe). Second, the water pipe isn't properly grounded to the earth.

This will take a lot of troubleshooting to find the faulty appliance. And also to properly connect the grounds.

Might be time to call an electrician who has some experience with this kind of thing. Good luck, it sounds like a real challenge to find and fix.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wouldn't unplugging the appliance tell you which one it was?

Unplug half of the appliances, check for shock. Proceed from there by either plugging in half of those, and checking or unplugging the other half of the appliances?

Reply to
Charles Bishop