Shim for Shed Base

I'm putting up a shed on an existing concrete slab in the backyard. I've built a 4 x 12 platform frame with PT 2 x 4's to be topped with 5/8 ply. After putting the frame on the slab, I find that it's not *exactly* level, with gaps of 1 - 2.5 inches after I've shimmed it up with some extra shakes I had lying around. What's best to use as a shim in this case ? Thanks. -- Larry Venick snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
* ****************************************** * * This message composed with 100% recycled electrons * * Outgoing mail certified virus free ! * ****************************************** *
Sorry.... I meant to say 8 x 12..... and the gaps go up to 1- 1/2 " (not 2.5). I guess I could use PT 1x or 2x stock ?
-- Larry Venick snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
* ****************************************** * * This message composed with 100% recycled electrons * * Outgoing mail certified virus free ! * ****************************************** *

Larry Venick wrote:

Construction grade redwood. If you pick up a 1x12x8 plank, you'll probably be able to build all the shim stacks you need. Make each stack at least 6x3 and tweak the height by stacking pieces or sanding the top down slightly. Run the built-up ones together with galvanized nails and/or construction adhesive (Liquid Nails etc.), lift the frame slightly to tap them into place if necessary, and toenail through the frame to hold them in place.
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 19:00:36 -0400, "Larry Venick"

One open question: Is the frame straight ?
TO answer your question, I'd use concrete products - concrete and or bricks, blocks, etc - and build yourself a level set of "footings" on top of the slab. Space them appropriately for your minimal framing timbers.
This will both level the frame area and get you some ventilation under the shed floor.
Bob