Sheet-metal nibbler: pneumatic vs. hand-powered

I want to cut some sheet steel. I expect I might have to make several feet of cuts at a time, and I might need to make ten feet of cuts in a few months. I expect the material will be 304 stainless or similar, say around 22 ga. (0.031 inches) give or take 20%.
Would it likely be unpleasant to use a muscle-powered nibbler? Should I just plan on a pneumatic nibbler? Would I likely see much difference in the finished product? I'm not set up for air tools right now, but I could probably rent something ...
Please advise.
On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:29:04 -0500, Matt

This "might" be okay for occasional use on 22 gauge stainless. Probably worth $50 to find out.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber115
I don't think you are going to like trying to do what you propose with a hand powered nibbler.

it might be just easier and cheaper to find someone with a shear that would make a couple of cuts. perhaps where you're getting the metal in the first place.
On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:29:04 -0500, Matt

If they are straight cuts you can do a fairly good job with a metal cutoff wheel in a circular saw. Be sure the nibbler you use is rated for stainless. I broke mine on some 22 ga (316 or so). It was "kitchen grade" whatever that is. There are actually a lot more grades than 316 and 304 but they seem to be the main benchmarks, based on whether it is mildly magnetic or not..
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Thanks guys for all the replies ... will consider ...
I got a nibbler from Harbor Freight, which has served me well. Electric plug in. No compressor needed.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Ten feet of cuts in a few months is only a few inches per day. You should be able to do that with either tool.

If you already had a compressor I would say get the Pneumatic one otherwise I would get an elctric.
Jimmie