security light flickering

about a year and half ago, I had a security light installed on my garage with a day/night sensor. Latley, I have been noticing the light flickers.. not a quick flicker, but inconsistent alternating levels of light amount coming from the bulb (mercury vapor bulb).. it is kind of annoying.. It has been working great up until recently.
Before I wonder if the power wire to the garage should be replaced, or I start replacing fuses.. is this a sign the bulb is just going bad? it is wet and cold right now.. a normal variance? I never noticed this before..
Chris wrote:

Hi, if anything is going bad, it is the sensor itself. Cover the sensor to see if it does yet, then it is sensor not conducting fully when dark.