security light flickering

about a year and half ago, I had a security light installed on my garage with a day/night sensor. Latley, I have been noticing the light flickers.. not a quick flicker, but inconsistent alternating levels of light amount coming from the bulb (mercury vapor bulb).. it is kind of annoying.. It has been working great up until recently.

Before I wonder if the power wire to the garage should be replaced, or I start replacing fuses.. is this a sign the bulb is just going bad? it is wet and cold right now.. a normal variance? I never noticed this before..

Reply to
Chris

Hi, if anything is going bad, it is the sensor itself. Cover the sensor to see if it does yet, then it is sensor not conducting fully when dark.

Reply to
Tony Hwang