Sears snowblower

I'm in the process of rebuilding my snow blower, hopefully before the next storm, and need to replace the grease in the gear case for the auger/inpeller. the original grease was a white, heavy, grease and over the years it seemed to just cause a void in the case and allow the bronze gears to wear. Can I replace the grease with 90w gear oil, or can you tell me what's recommended? Thanks.
On 1/16/2005 8:52 AM US(ET), Tom Lachance took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

If is is a white grease, it is probably a lithium based product. See http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=lithium+grease&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab &oi=froogler or http://tinyurl.com/49bsl
--
Bill