Sears snow blower chain won't keep tight

I have a Sears gas powered snow blower and the blade is driven by a chain. I tighten the chain by loosening the engine mounting plate bolts, pull the chain tight and re-tighten the bolts. But after just one season of a few uses, the chain is loose again. I keep tightening it and it seem to get loose after a few uses.
Is the chain stretching or is something shifting so that the chain gets loose again?
The chain is similar to a small bicycle chain.
thanks
Mark
chains stretch, and not evenly. if you overtighten the chain, you help it. before you pull the chain tight, rotate it and find where there is the least amount of slack in it. leave 1/4 inch of play in the chain or so at its tightest point.
too tight is generally worse than too loose.
randy

Stop by the local motorcycle shop & pick up a spray can of chain lube. Proper tightening and lubrication will help a lot. RJ

Don't worry about it until October. :-)