SEALANT for FORMICA ?

We've moved into a home where the kitchen countertops are formica.
Wife claims they are "open", and should be sealed, else anything in the world will stain them.
What do you use to "seal" older formica countertops ?
Floor-wax comes to mind, but I don't think it'd be "food-friendly"
????
SIMONIZE ?
<rj>
It sounds like you really need new laminate or another countertop. Formica should be sealed but once that top gets etched it will stain.
<RJ> wrote:

Tell wife to stick to snapping beans...they don't need anything.

Eh, if it makes her feel better, a good coat of wax can't hurt. Just make sure it doesn't include anything toxic, since food inevitably touches the counter. But the other posters are right, laminate doesn't really need any sealing. If top is worn away, replacement is the cure.
aem sends....

Your wife can claim she is a Queen of some exotic country too, butt hat does not make it true.
You don't put anything on them.