Screw-in photo cell light adaptor

Group:
I've got a light fitting in a shaded area. I need to fit one of these screw-in photo-cell adaptors to it. Does anyone have any recommendations about models to look at / avoid. In particular I need to be able to adjust the sensitivity of the unit as (as I've said) the light fitting is in a shaded area.
Cheers
Den

It's a waste of electricity to use a light sensing switch in the socket, as it leaves the light on all night. Why not get a motion detector switch, and connect it to the fixture, or just a motion detector floodlight fixture which would likely be as cheap or cheaper than the switch unit.. The good ones have light sensor adjustments as well as choices of time-on.
Roger
Ahh, but I want the light on all night ... just not when it's light!

On Fri 21 Jan 2005 05:36:06p, Roger called across the abyss...

Depends on the adapter. The one I bought can be adjusted to burn from 1-6 hours or all night after initially turning on.
Wayne

http://www.cornerhardware.com/item_220821/Lighting/Light-Fixture - Parts/Lamp-Controls-w/Sensors/-Eye-Photo-Control-Lightsensor-Switch.html
http://www.cornerhardware.com/item_208148/Lighting/Light-Fixture - Parts/Lamp-Controls-w/Sensors/Outdoor-Night-Guard.html
http://www.cornerhardware.com/item_208147/Lighting/Light-Fixture - Parts/Lamp-Controls-w/Sensors/Lamp-Sensor-Light.html
http://www.securityworld.com/pmenu12.html
Walmart sells a screw in $10 unit where you can control the light sensitivity and the "light on" duration. I have not seen any others like that.

adjust
Den wrote:

You can buy just the photocell. Install it in series with the light circuit and mount it where the sensor gets full sun.
In my case, a garage, the outside light was activated by a switch inside the garage. It was a simple matter to mount the sensor on the other side of the wall (outside) from the switch. All the wiring was right there.