Sand in deck paint for non-skid surface?

Page 2 of 2
On 10/11/2013 02:43 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Nice of you to reply to a five year old post.

What do you expect from a Google groupie?
On Friday, October 11, 2013 12:59:45 PM UTC-7, philo  wrote:

who cares if it is 5 years old? people still have this problem. Did you thi nk it was now for some reason irrelevant? I am glad someone is still postin g replies. we of course don't know whether the original poster had any good results though.... i would like to see what people's results were.

People still have all sorts of problems. Why not bring up every single post from years gone by and reply to it?
OK, replying to every past post would be silly. Let's just go back grab every post from 5 years ago today and reply to them because people may still have those same problems. Tomorrow we'll go back 5 years and do it again. Every day we'll reply to all posts from 5 years ago that day.
That should keep this ng relevant.

I don't see the big deal. Old posts have been popping up on newsgroups in the past few months for some reason. Personally, I look at the subject, but I don't look at the date for every post. If someone replies, what harm is done? Is it worth taking the time to bitch about it? Call someone out on it? If you answer "yes", it is probably time to re-evaluate your own life.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

anti-skid compound, sold in chandleries, with excellent results. It consists of tiny glass beads and you don't need a lot. You don't notice it after applying it, but it prevents slipping quite well.
On Wednesday, January 30, 2008 7:59:25 PM UTC-5, Simpson wrote:

How do you clean the deck that has been painted with the non-skid paint? I tried using my swifter and it just rips the cloth.
On Sunday, June 22, 2014 11:27:15 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

garden hose......
On 6/22/2014 11:47 AM, bob haller wrote:

Yes, spray it with a cleaner first. Brushing can help too.
On Thursday, January 31, 2008 at 1:59:25 AM UTC+1, Simpson wrote:

Get a stick and stir the sand in the paint~ apply ~ done !
On Wednesday, January 30, 2008 at 3:59:25 PM UTC-9, Simpson wrote:

I know this is an old post but anyone try walnut shell as one person sugges ted? I have some for bullet case tumbling and it seems like it would work well, not too rough but super hard, I am sure it could come in different gr its. Mine can't be used, it is polish impregnated.

suggested? I have some for bullet case tumbling and it seems like it would work well, not too rough but super hard, I am sure it could come in different grits. Mine can't be used, it is polish impregnated.

The sand for paint is fine, and even then it makes snow shoveling difficult. If you don't have snow you don't need it. If you do have snow it's a hassle. I wouldn't use anything except in special cases - like maybe an elderly person at high risk.