Samsung Refrigerator not cooling

I have a fourteen month old Samsung RS257BARB refrigerator that will not stay cold, it hovers around 50-55 degrees f. We know the evaporator keeps freezing up but cannot figure out why. We've had two different Samsung authorized repairmen, one replaced a bi-metal but that didn't fix the problem. Samsung is absolutely no help, all they want to do is deny that it is caused by anything covered by the warranty. Any ideas or suggestions?

Reply to
Mac Cool

Is it always 50 deg or does it cool initally for at least a few days after it's been turned off and thawed out? If it cools OK for a few days, that would suggest the auto defrost isn't working and the evaporator gets covered in ice, eventually blocking cold air flow.

If it doesn't cool even when started initially, given that the evaporator gets cold, it would suggest an air flow problem. Most fridges use a small blower to move the cold air around. If it's not working or blocked, you get a cold evaporator, but little or no cold air.

Reply to
trader4

There's also a fan outside the box on some/all fridges. It blows air over the condensor. Mine got stuck by a mouse and wasn't spinning and the fridge got warm inside. The fan wasn't spinning for days, but when I took the mouse out everything was fine again.

Reply to
mm

Total incompetence. He should have check the fan (easily done) before replacing anything. That is a common failure. Never call him back again.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski
:

No it cools for about four days then warms up. The first guy said the heater that defrosts the evaporator wasn't working but he didn't know how to fix it. The second guy said that wasn't the problem, it was a clogged drain, but at my insistance he checked the heater and found it wasn't working. He then replaced something called a bimetal but that didn't fix the problem. Honestly I don't believe he even checked the defrost, I think he just chose something to replace to humor me. It's pretty aggravating that it takes about four days to find out if the repair works, that always puts me right into the weekend with no frig.

Overall I'm pretty irratated and Samsung basically (but semi-politely) gave me the finger and told me none of those parts are warranteed and it was my problem. So at this point I've thrown out three refrigerators full of food plus the service calls and the inconvenience. Lesson learned, no more Samsung products for me.

Reply to
Mac Cool

There should be a timer that controls the defrost mechanism, that frequently fails. Can you get a different repair person?

Reply to
hrhofmann

hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net:

They never solved the problem and finally condemned it.

And there are only two Samsung authorized repairmen in the state, both of them have been to my house.

Reply to
Mac Cool

I think in your case there should be warranty arise,so you should contact with the higher personals in the franchise. Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at

wilsonmian