Rust in the hot water

We have a dual tank on demand water softner that has been checked and is opperating correctly, But we continue to have rust in the hot water. The wife says that if she drains the tank each time(let the water run for at least 40 gal.) then she doesn't have the rust the next time. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

have you tried draing some water from the hot water tank? often the first sign of hot water tank failure is rusty hot water only........

http://www.waterheaterrescue.com/ - very informative site. We fixed a rusty water situation by changing the anode rod.