Running and outside antenna and Cable internet

I am seriously thinking of getting rid of my cable TV and using an outside antenna and the cable Internet for television. The question I have is when I put up an antenna can i just plug it into the coax cable coming into the house? I have my cable internet coming in on the same cable. Is this an issue or will it work.
JimmyDahGeek@DON'T_SPAM_ME_gmail.com wrote:

Hi. You can't mix two signals from the air and cable. You connect antenna coax to TV antenna connector.
On 04/19/2014 10:51 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

If it was just mixing signals on different frequencies, you might be able to do it with the appropriate filters. However there is the upstream (cable modem TO cable company) channel to consider. I expect it'd be easier to put in a new cable for the modem, and use the existing ones just for TV.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
Mark Lloyd wrote:

Hi, Cable carries FM radio, TV channels upto couple hundred channels including HD, Voip phones. You think there is brick type filter which can be used to share the coax? I think not.
On Sunday, April 20, 2014 12:54:58 AM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:

And so far, no one has commented that absent some one-way blocking device, you now have an antenna connected to the cable system, radiating it's signal into the air. There are regulations that cover how much leakage cable systems are allowed, cable systems are designed and maintained to minimize any such signal being emitted, etc. Hook up an antenna to you cable line and you'll be a small transmitter.