roofing for older mobile home

I know some really poor folks with an old single wide mobile home. It's leaking and I'm looking for a method of sealing it without going the cool-seal route. Maybe something like EPDM membrane or something similar.
The main issue is long life. Any recommendations? Thanks.

subject to your climate would determine additional conditions. i have happily used other different products from snow roof. look at their MOBILE COAT subject to your application. http://www.snowroof.com / i would look up more about tyvek. also for more ideas: http://www.campingworld.com /
The one time I fixed a leak in the roof of my mobile, what worked was a galon can of roofing tar, and some fiberglass. Put some tar on, fiberlass over that, and more tar.
Sorry, I don't know of any other answers, though I'm sure there are answers.
One friend in Florida suggested the mylar foil tar tape from Lowe's. But in NYS, it doesn't get hot enough to really seal.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.