Roof leak after Katrina

Located in Fort Lauderdale, and felt really lucky that even though Katrina eye went right over my house, it was only category one as it passed. Nonetheless, several trees down, fence panels blown away and several spots in the ceiling are now brown. I am concerned about those ceiling stains, and probably came from moisture from roof leak. I have concrete tiled roof since 1996, so after nine years, I don't know if I should replace the entire roof, since there are four ceiling stains in different locations - one in master bedroom, one in the patio, one in another corner of the kitchen and one in the garage. Will a roof replacement fix these problems? or do I need to also replace the plywood under it?
Thanks in advance,
MC

Only an inspection can tell what is needed. Replacement may solve the problems and if the plywood under is till solid, it will not have to be replaced.
miamicuse wrote:

Wind driven rain such as that in a hurricane can enter your structure in ways that can only occur during 90 mph horizontal rain events. The water may have entered through eave vents, gable vents, ridge vents, or other places. Your roof may not need any repair at all. Concrete tiles are placed over a primary substrate and are generally good for alot more than 9 years.
I would do a water test and see if it leaks again. You may discover that these are one time events that may not reoccur.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

miamicuse wrote:

The best water test is a good rain, but we usually spray water on the roof with a hose. Some leaks take a good long time to work their way into the attic, so at times I have put a sprinkler on the roof and waited to see if it leaked.
You will have to move it around to get everywhere. Give each area at least 15 minutes before you move the hose.
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.