Ridiculous FHA rules

Page 5 of 5

http://tinypic.com/r/4s192o/3
Add pictures here
✖

    Unless you removed ALL paint put on before the 80's and then repainted the raw surfaces, you could have lead paint. It need not be currently exposed. A child will chew or teeth on painted surfaces and the lead on old paint can e consumed.
    If I am wrong about my interpertation

Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 13, 7:27 am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

There is no requirement for removal of all lead paint, not even in abatement projects. You need to contain it. However, if you did it yourself, it would be difficult to prove and therefore it would be as if there was still lead there. Unless you have it tested, you presume it is there. Since the OP did the work himself, he did not use lead- safe work practices, he didn't use interim controls, and he didn't clearance; so it is as if the lead is still there. In fact, the lead might still be there because you don't know what quality of work was done. For example, did he clear the soil outside the house as the end of painting?
Working with lead isn't bad and isn't hard, but you do need training and need to do it right.
Add pictures here
✖

    Having been painted does not prevent lead paint that is now covered from being a problem. It would appear you have not totally removed any possible layer
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 07:27:12 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Removal is not required for lead paint. It only needs to be covered with non-lead paint. That is the standard everywhere that I know of.
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 13, 7:27 am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Even removing the lead paint doesn't matter. It is pre-78. If it hasn't been tested, then you presume it's lead. The homeowner's word doesn't mean anything. Besides, there lead in things other than paint.
Add pictures here
✖