reroofing my Mansard w/flat roof

I recently contracted a roofing company to strip, repair decking, and reroof our 100 year old home with the Mansard roof. We have a very high pitch, and the flat roof on top isn't that large. However, after stripping, repairing and replacing all the shingles on the hip and porch roofs, the roofers left with only tar paper on the flat roof with a metal strip tacked around over the singles about 6-8" down the hip sides. They informed us they would send someone out to finish up the roof. When finally someone did return, they put the rolled roofing down, then put metal flashing along all the sides of where the flat roof meets the hip sides on the top. It looks tacky, and is not the best job of placement either. The rest of the roof looks really good with the shingles, but this just looks tacky. Where the flat roof meets the hip sides of a Mansard roof, is there suppose to be flashing nailed over the rolled roofing and the shingles? it is not what I expected at all. Thanks for your input

Kt

Kt

Reply to
oldhomeowner