replacing thermostats

I have an old system which does not tell which wire is which. There are six wires coming from the wall. I want to install a programable thermostat but don't know which wires go where. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
carrol

The T-stat should have an wiring diagram. Just match the colors.

Reply to
SQLit

Terminals on the old tsat should be marked with letters, R.G,W,etc. Tis may correspond to the color of the wires but then again maybe not. connect the wire that was on the W terminal to the W on the new Tsat R tp R and so on. Check that things will work out right before you start moving wires

Reply to
Jimmie

Hi carrol, hope you are having a nice day

On 27-Sep-04 At About 23:59:56, carrol wrote to All Subject: replacing thermostats

c> From: snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (carrol)

c> I have an old system which does not tell which wire is which. There c> are six wires coming from the wall. I want to install a programable c> thermostat but don't know which wires go where. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually there is no way anyone can tell you without being there. There is a color code but not everyone follows it.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2