Replacement window question: which brand?

I have used Pella windows with no complaints.
Now someone is trying to sell me on the idea of Ultimate 2000 windows by Southern Industries.
Any comments on this brand?

Franz Fripplfrappl

Take a chance and let us know how they turn out. Or use the well regarded brand and eliminate the worry factor. Your choice. My vote's for Pella, very pleased with mine. OTOH, I have some big El Cheapo sliders in a new garage that so far seem quite good. Could be that competition has squeezed out the marginal players in the market to our benefit.
Joe

You have to compare the specs, U-R values, Air infiltration etc etc, they are published, the highest insulating window of R7 is by Loewen in Colorado. Also many are made cheaply.
franz fripplfrappl wrote:

Who are they, how long they been around, what do their references say about their experience with them and how long have they been installed there?
And, of course, how do the actual efficiency, infiltration, etc., spec's compare?

I just saw my neighbor getting new windows and they were not using a level. Instalation is most important as most companies will not honor any warranty if the windows are out by more than 1/8" on plumb level and square, a hack did mine, they leaked, Pella and Anderson came out and showed me a few that had to be Re hung, check everything before you pay, better yet read up and be there.