Replace drip edge without re-roofing?

As in the title, I found significant termite damage to some fascia boards on a flat (or very low sloping) section of my roof. In order to remove the damaged boards, I must first remove the drip edge, which is under the roll out roofing that was used. I'm wondering if I can just peel the roofing back a minimal amount, do the work, and re-set the roofing afterwards.

FYI, this roof covers the walkway to my front door, and gets a fair amount of direct sun, but the existing roofing material looks to be in good shape.

Reply to
hardlymick

Yes... what you propose to do will work. I would suggest doing it when the material has a chance to warm up.

Reply to
DD_BobK

I hope you have fully checked for other termite damaged areas? It is my understanding that they normally reach the higher levels through adjacent wood that ultimately reaches the ground. I would hate to see you replace one area only to see it destroyed again.

Reply to
Ken

Agreed, I was wondering how the termites got up to the facia boards without tunneling through some wood somewhere. I have never heard of termites living up high without some means of communicating/traveling back to earth. Maybe he has rot (wet or dry) and just doesn't know the source so assumes it is termites....

Reply to
hrhofmann