Repairing textured dry wall finish

I need to repair the finish on an area of wall which has the textured (stucco like) finish on it. Basically, the finish flacked off in an area after we had a few windows replaced and I need to repair the finish before I paint the room.
What is the best way to do this? Do this sell the finish material in a "can" which can easily be applied? I do have some experience with standard, flat, dry wall finishing but have never had to mess with the textured stuff.
Thanks!
Scott wrote:

buy a wide putty knife and gently flatten the sprayed on texture. Let dry for a few hours and paint. The texture stuff is water cleanup. Good luck.
There are may types and styles of texture, Sherwin Williams and im sure orter good stores heve display samples. Take a sample to a paint store they will help.
Practice on a scrap pc of drywall. If you have a bit of luck you will figure out what was done before and then do the same when you have the technique down. I have a 1920 Craftsman and there was fine stucco work and I had to match up in many areas. mick D

Scott wrote:

I used this 'knockdown in a can' today and it worked perfectly. Had to wait about 10 minutes before flattening. Can hardly tell the difference except for the painting.
tM