Repair torn / ripped formica

Evening-
I built a homemade countertop using formica- 1/10th the cost of commercial. My wife just used it as a stepping stool and caught herself on it- ripped one piece that was loose (near the dishwasher exhaust so it peeled up a bit) and tore it 1 foot long.
I could cut it off, seam it, but it might look odd. The other possibility is to simply glue it all back down and then dye the surface (sanded).
Any suggestions?
Thanks-
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Replace it -- and when you build the replacement, be sure to glue the formica down properly, so you don't have any loose flaps.
--
Regards,